http://www.ars-grin.gov/duke/ Dr. Duke's Phytochemical and Ethnobotanical Databases
Industrial Agriculture and Factory–Farming
- The Canadian Centre for Occupational Health and Safety (CCOHS) RTECS® (Registry of Toxic Effects of Chemical Substances)
- the US Centers for Disease Control and Prevention (CDC) National Institute for Occupational Safety and Health (NIOSH)
- the US Centers for Disease Control and Prevention (CDC) National Institute for Occupational Safety and Health (NIOSH) Registry of Toxic Effects of Chemical Substances (RTECS)
- the US Centers for Disease Control and Prevention (CDC) National Institute for Occupational Safety and Health (NIOSH) Pocket Guide to Chemical Hazards
- Substance Registry Services (SRS) is the Environmental Protection Agency's (EPA) central system for information about substances that are tracked or regulated by EPA or other sources. It is the authoritative resource for basic information about chemicals, biological organisms, and other substances of interest to EPA and its state and tribal partners. The SRS makes it possible to identify which EPA data systems, environmental statutes, or other sources have information about a substance and which synonym is used by that system or statute. It becomes possible therefore to map.
- Toxipedia http://www.geo.arizona.edu/Antevs/nats104/00lect23toxic.html Toxicity Ratings and Average Lethal Doses http://igs.naz.ch/tox/en/index.html Information system for dangerous and ecologically relevant substances http://www.co.forsyth.nc.us/EnvAffairs/112(r)/112(r)_Toxics_List.htm Forsyth County Environmental Affairs Department: 112(r) Regulated TOXIC Substances http://www.epa.gov/ebtpages/pollutants.html Pollutants/Toxics http://www.state.tn.us/labor-wfd/tosha_rtk.pdf Tennessee Hazardous Chemical Right to Know Law Revision http://www.state.tn.us/sos/rules/0800/0800-01/0800-01-09.pdf Hazardous Chemical Right To Know http://www.state.tn.us/sos/rules/0800/0800-01/0800-01-05.pdf Safety And Health Provisions For The Public Sector http://www.state.tn.us/labor-wfd/newtoshaposter.pdf TOSHA Safety and Health Poster http://www.state.tn.us/labor-wfd/newtoshaposterspanish.pdf TOSHA Safety and Health Poster (in Spanish) http://www.osha-slc.gov/Publications/osha3165.pdf You Have a Right to A Safe and Healthful Workplace http://www.osha-slc.gov/Publications/osha3167.pdf You Have a Right to A Safe and Healthful Workplace (in Spanish) http://www.epa.gov/compliance/resources/faqs/nepa/index.html Frequently Asked Questions about National Environmental Policy Act (NEPA) and EIS http://www.epa.gov/compliance/resources/policies/nepa/index.html Policies & Guidance of National Environmental Policy Act (NEPA) http://ceq.eh.doe.gov/nepa/regs/ceq/1502.htm the Council on Environmental Quality's NEPA regulations: Part 1502––Environmental Impact Statement http://www.epa.gov/opptsmnt/ Office of Prevention, Pesticides and Toxic Substances (OPPTS) http://www.epa.gov/chemrtk/ Chemical Right–to–Know Initiative http://www.atsdr.cdc.gov/ U.S. Department of Health and Human Services Agency for Toxic Substances and Disease Registry (ATSDR) Toxic Substances http://www.atsdr.cdc.gov/emes/ U.S. Department of Health and Human Services Agency for Toxic Substances and Disease Registry (ATDSR) Environmental Health and Medicine Education http://www.atsdr.cdc.gov/csem/csem.html U.S. Department of Health and Human Services Agency for Toxic Substances and Disease Registry (ATDSR) Case Studies in Environmental Medicine (CSEM) http://www.atsdr.cdc.gov/toxprofiles/tp11.html “Draft for Public Comment”: Toxicological Profile For Fluorides, Hydrogen Fluoride, and Fluorine http://www.atsdr.cdc.gov/toxpro2.html Toxicological Profile Information Sheet http://www.atsdr.cdc.gov/ The Agency for Toxic Substances and Disease Registry (ATSDR) - an agency of the U.S. Department of Health and Human Services http://www.epa.gov/iris/ US EPA Integrated Risk Information System (IRIS) http://www.epa.gov/iris/rfd.htm Reference Dose (RfD): Description and Use in Health Risk Assessments: US EPA Integrated Risk Information System (IRIS) Health Effects Assessment Summary Tables (HEAST) / US EPA Environmental Criteria and Assessment Office WHO IPCS - International Programme on Chemical Safety FAO - Joint FAO/WHO Meeting on Pesticide Residues National Library of Medicine Toxnet Syracuse Research Center Organization for Economic Cooperation and Development Guidelines on toxicological testing http://www.atsdr.cdc.gov/cxcx3.html Top 20 Hazardous Substances from the Comprehensive Environmental Response, Compensation, and Liability Act [CERCLA - commonly known as Superfund] Priority List of Hazardous Substances for 2001 www.atsdr.cdc.gov/cancer.html www.atsdr.cdc.gov/HEC/CSEM/csem.html www.atsdr.cdc.gov/cercla www.atsdr.cdc.gov/cabs www.atsdr.cdc.gov/mixtures.html www.atsdr.cdc.gov/ribfactsheets/cooppgm.html www.atsdr.cdc.gov/dioxindt.html www.atsdr.cdc.gov/2p-emergency-response.html www.atsdr.cdc.gov/grtlakes/index.html www.atsdr.cdc.gov/hazmat-emergency-preparedness.html www.atsdr.cdc.gov/interactionprofiles www.atsdr.cdc.gov/mhmi www.atsdr.cdc.gov/mrls.html www.atsdr.cdc.gov/HEC/natorg/pehsu.html www.atsdr.cdc.gov/pdns www.atsdr.cdc.gov/phshome.html www.atsdr.cdc.gov/es/phs/es_phshome.html www.atsdr.cdc.gov/ribfactsheets/ssarp.html www.sophe.org www.atsdr.cdc.gov/toxfaq.html www.atsdr.cdc.gov/es/toxfaqs/es_toxfaqs.html www.atsdr.cdc.gov/toxguides www.atsdr.cdc.gov/toxpro2.html www.atsdr.cdc.gov/training/toxmanual www.atsdr.cdc.gov/es/training/toxicology_curriculum/es_index.html
Care2.com. Chiazzari, Suzy. The Healing Home: Creating the Perfect Place to Live With Colour, Aroma, Light and Other Natural Elements. Trafalgar Square Publishing, 2000. "Geopathic stress." http://www.care2.com/channels/solutions/guides/108.
Dr. Joseph Mercola. "Geopathic Stress." http://www.mercola.com/2000/aug/13/geopathic_stress.htm.�
Altenativeways with Debbie Rye. "Geopathic and Electromagnetic Stress." http://www.alternativeways.co.uk/GSMain.htm.
Feng Shui store. "Geopathic Stress." http://www.fengshuiweb.co.uk/advice/geopathicstress.htm.
Earth's Magnetic Fields
Wikipedia. Earth's magnetic field. http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Earth's_magnetic_field.
University of Tennessee Astronomy 161 course (The Solar System). The Earth's Magnetic Field. http://csep10.phys.utk.edu/astr161/lect/earth/magnetic.html.
National Aeronautics and Space Administration (NASA). Earth's Magnetic Field (Magnetosphere). http://liftoff.msfc.nasa.gov/academy/space/mag_field.html.
Bridges, Andrew. "Earth's Magnetic Field Weakens 10 Percent." Associated Press (The Miami Herald), December 12, 2003. http://www.miami.com/mld/miamiherald/news/nation/7471222.htm.
Roach, John. "Earth's Magnetic Field Is Fading." National Geographic News, September 9, 2004. http://news.nationalgeographic.com/news/2004/09/0909_040909_earthmagfield.html.
- The Truth about Chernobyl: Senior Russian scientists document deaths and illnesses from Chernobyl 100 times those reported by the International Atomic Energy Agency. Prof. Peter Saunders
- The Health costs of low–level ionizing radiation: 50+ Years of lethal deception by what has become the International Nuclear Mafia (2003)
- An Overview: Hazards of Low Level Radioactivity: Sara Shannon (Winter 1998)
- The International Commission on Radiological Protection (ICRP)
- Victorian Trades Hall Council's (VTHC) Occupational Health and Safety Unit Non–ionising Radiation http://www.fas.org/nuke/index.html Weapons of Mass Destruction Bivins, L. and Wright, G. "Report: Nuclear sites put drinking water sources at risk." (2004). http://www.usatoday.com/news/washington/2004-03-29-nuclear-gns_x.htm Gofman, J. W. Ph.D., M.D. and Tamplin, A. R. Ph.D. "Poisoned power: The Case against nuclear power plants before and after Three Mile Island." (1979). http://www.ratical.org/radiation/CNR/PP/ Unacceptable Risk: The Nuclear Power Controversy McKinley C. Olson Living with Nuclear Weapons The Harvard Nuclear Study Group: Albert Carnesale, Paul Doty, Stanley Hoffmann, Samuel P. Huntington, Joseph S. Nye, Jr., and Scott D. Sagan http://www.ens-newswire.com/ens/mar2005/2005-03-17-03.asp Falsified Yucca Mtn. Documents Bolster Nuclear Dump's Critics http://nucnews.net/nucnews/nucnews.htm NucNews http://www.fas.org/main/content.jsp?formAction=325&projectId=7 What Role should Nuclear Weapons Play? http://www.grist.org/news/muck/2005/01/21/little-rockyflats/?source=daily The Rocky Flats Horror Picture Show: Ex–FBI agent charges feds with radioactive coverup at Rocky Flats
Touber, Tijn. "Why good health begins with magnetism." Ode magazine, March 2005 (Issue: 21). http://www.odemagazine.com/article.php?aID=4046.
Touber, Tijn. "Magnetism and the quantum field." Ode magazine, March 2005 (Issue: 21). http://www.odemagazine.com/article.php?aID=4047.
Touber, Tijn. "Magnetic therapy and health." Ode magazine, March 2005 (Issue: 21). http://www.odemagazine.com/article.php?aID=4048.
Electromagnetic/Electronic Radiationhttp://www.informationisbeautiful.net/visualizations/radiation-dosage-chart/ Radiation Dosage Chart
- Chemical Interactions: Dr. James T. Oris, Miami University
- Synergistic Effects of EMR [Electric and magnetic fields of radiation] And Chemicals
- Our Stolen Future
- The impacts of chemical mixtures
- New scientific studies of mixtures and synergy Colburn, T., Dumanoski, D., and Myers, J. P.
- Multiple Chemical Sensitivities
Toxic Chemicals & Pollution
Industrial Toxins Silently Poisoning Americans: Largest Uncontrolled Experiment in History
By David Rosner and Gerald Markowitz
Global Research, April 30, 2013
TomDispatch 28 April 2013
ASTM International Environmental Toxicology Standards
Department of Health and Human Services National Toxicology Program (NTP)
Department of Health and Human Services National Toxicology Program (NTP) Center for the Evaluation of Risks to Human Reproduction (CERHR)
Occupational Safety & Health Administration (OSHA) Safety and Health Topics: Hazardous and Toxic Substances
TOXICS INFORMATION PROJECT (TIP): Lighting the Way to Less Toxic Living
Healthy Homes Healthy Communities: Building a Toxic–Free Future
Acid Deposition Data
Lovearth.net. "Acid-Rain.net." http://www.acid-rain.net.
Lovearth.net. "Particulates.net." http://www.particulates.net.
Arctic becoming chemical dump
Pollutants cause huge rise in brain diseases: Scientists alarmed as number of cases triples in 20 years
Lovearth.net. Pollute.net. http://www.pollute.net.
Exposure: The newsletter that exposes the truth about your exposure to chemical pollutants in your home, school, workplace, doctor's office - toxins in your family's air, water, food and personal environments - and how to fight back.
100,000,000 Guinea Pigs: The Dangers of Consumption
Independent Representative (Associate) of the Organic Natural Enterprise Group Pty. Ltd. "Toxic chemicals in the air we breathe, the food we eat and the personal care toiletries we use on our hair and skin may be contributing to the spiraling rate of cancer." http://www.lyndasorganics.com/toxic-toiletries.htm.
Independent Representative (Associate) of the Organic Natural Enterprise Group Pty. Ltd. "Toxic Chemical Ingredient Directory." http://www.lyndasorganics.com/toxic-ingredients-directory.htm.
Independent Representative (Associate) of the Organic Natural Enterprise Group Pty. Ltd.
"Sodium Lauryl Sulfate (SLS) facts or fiction?... YOU decide!." http://www.lyndasorganics.com/sodium_lauryl_sulfate.html.
The Organic Consumers Association (OCA). "EPA Avoids Regulation of Chemical Experiments on Humans." Environment News Service (ENS). 8 February 2005. http://www.organicconsumers.org/school/pesticides20905.cfm.
United Nations Commission on Human Rights. "Toxic and Dangerous Products and Wastes." http://www.hri.ca/fortherecord1999/vol1/toxic.htm.
Environmental Defense. "Scorecard — Local Pollution Problems and Toxic Chemicals." http://www.scorecard.org/index.tcl.
Silicon Valley Toxics Coalition (SVTC). http://www.svtc.org/index.html.
Lovearth.net. "Toxic Chemicals.net." http://www.toxicchemicals.net.
Lovearth.net. "Toxics.net." http://www.toxics.net.
Greenpeace. "Toxins in your TV, poisons in your PC?."
Greenpeace. "Toxins in your TV, poisons in your PC?: Toxic Tech Test." http://www.greenpeaceweb.org/consumingchemicals/ddtest.asp.
Greenpeace. The Chemical House. http://www.greenpeace.org.uk/Products/Toxics/index.cfm.
Holmes, B. "Buckyballs cause brain damage in fish." (2004). http://www.newscientist.com/news/news.jsp?id=ns99994825
HealthyStuff.org: Researching toxic chemicals in everyday products
Washington Toxics Coalition
Toxic Chemicals and Human Health
Environmental Toxins: TIME Magainze
National Institute of Environmental Health Sciences (NIEHS)
Toxic America: Time for Reform
Environmental Defense Fund
Dirty Air in God's Country: A Preliminary Look at Breast Cancer and Prostate Cancer Exposure via Organochlorine/Dioxin Contaminants from Incinerator Emissions, 1990–1999
— [Requires PDF Software]
DDT - PubChem Public Chemical Database
IUPAC Name: 1-chloro-4-[2,2,2-trichloro-1-(4-chlorophenyl)ethyl]benzene
Molecular Formula C14H9Cl5
Like BPA, BPS Turns Paper Receipts Toxic | Health & Healing
Bottom Line's Daily Health News
Most Plastics Release Estrogenic Chemicals: Study finds that even BPA-free products leach potentially problematic compounds
Stephen K. Ritter
March 7, 2011
Environmental Toxins: Complete list: Chemicals in plastics and other products seem harmless, but mounting evidence links them to health problems — and Washington lacks the power to protect us: TIME Magainze
Everything You Need to Know About Plastic
Ecological (including humans and the environment) Health
The Colony Collapse Disorder Solution
Mothers and Others for a Livable Planet
Organic Gardening and Housekeeping: A guide to maintaining a clean home and healthy garden without harmful chemicals
Healthy Schools Network, Inc. (HSN)
Community Web Resources By Topic Area
Children's Health Environmental Coalition (CHEC)
CHEC's HealtheHouse: The Resource For Environmental Health Risks Affecting Your Children
- Mom's Rising: Toxic Free Families
- Environmental Working Group http://www.ewg.org/chemindex/vocab/14 Routes of Exposure
- The Center for Health, Environment and Justice (CHEJ) http://www.rachel.org/home_eng.htm Environmental Research Foundation http://www.informinc.org/index.php INFORM is an independent research organization that examines the effects of business practices on the environment and on human health. Journal of Alternative and Complimentary Medicine Dr. Paula Baillie–Hamilton 2002 article research associating toxins with weight gain as the overload toxic liver cannot effectively burn body fat (JAMA -- Abstract: Incidence of Adverse Drug Reactions in Hospitalized Patients: A Meta–analysis of Prospective Studies, April 15, 1998, Lazarou et al. 279 (15): 1200). http://osha.gov/SLTC/hazardousdrugs/index.html Occupational Safety & Health Administration (OSHA) Safety and Health Topics: Hazardous Drugs http://www.americanheart.org/presenter.jhtml?identifier=4443 Anticoagulants http://www.jpsr.pharmainfo.in/ Journal of Pharmaceutical Sciences and Research (JPSR) is an international peer-reviewed multidisciplinary online journal published quarterly in the months of March, June, September and December. JPSR publishes original research articles in pharmaceutical fields (pharmaceutics, pharmaceutical technology, pharmaceutical analysis, biopharmaceutics, pharmacokinetics, pharmacology, toxicology, genomics and proteomics, pharmacognosy and phytochemistry). The journal accepts Review Articles, Original Articles and Short Communications http://www.pbs.org/wgbh/pages/frontline/sickaroundtheworld/ Sick Around the World: Can the U.S. learn anything from the rest of the world about how to turn a health care system?
- Health Care Without Harm
- Health Care Without Harm Tools and Resources http://www.noharm.org/pesticidesCleaners/resources Pesticides, Cleaners & Fragrances Resources
- Germ Theory of Disease Causation
- A Homeopathic Perspective on Infectious Disease: Effective Alternatives to Antibiotics http://www.usatoday.com/news/health/2010-06-29-antibiotics29_ST_N.htm FDA vs. antibiotics for animal growth
- The Natural Solutions Foundation
- The Human Energy Field in Relation to Science, Consciousness, and Health By Gloria Alvino
- The Human Energy Field in Relation to Science, Consciousness, and Health: Part Two of an Article By Gloria Alvino
- Imaging of Ultraweak Spontaneous Photon Emission from Human Body Displaying Diurnal Rhythm by Masaki Kobayashi, Daisuke Kikuchi, Hitoshi Okamura, PLOS ONE, July 16, 2009
- Business Insider: The vast majority of expiration dates are bogus — here's how long your food is still good by Mallory Schlossberg, Aug. 5, 2015
- The Land Institute http://www.care2.com/causes/health-policy/blog/understanding-food-expiration-dates/ Food Expiration Dates: What do they really mean? | Care2 Causes http://www.bottomlinepublications.com/content/article/diet-a-exercise/sell-by-dates-and-other-misleading-labels-cause-terrible-food-waste#at_pco=tcb-1.0&at_tot=5&at_ab=per-13&at_pos=0 “Sell By” Dates and Other Misleading Labels Cause Terrible Food Waste | Diet & Exercise Bottom Line's Daily Health News http://www.slowfood.com/sloweurope/eng/news/170541/our-idea-of-a-label- Our Idea of a Label | Focus on | Slow Europe - Our Idea of Europe http://www.slowfoodusa.org/learn-the-labels Slow Food USA: Learn the Labels
Marketing Claims and other Labels
- Animal Welfare Approved: Food Labels
- Animal Welfare Approved: Food Labels Exposed http://www.epa.gov/dfe/saferingredients.htm Safer Chemicals for Use in EPA's Design for the Environment-Labeled Products | Design for the Environment | US EPA http://www.greenseal.org/index.html Green Seal http://www.greenseal.org/certproducts.htm Green Seal Certified Products http://www.greenseal.org/recommendations.htm How Green Seal Makes Product Recommendations
- Cradle to Cradle Certification
- Consumers Union Guide to Environmental eco–labels
- Certified Naturally Grown http://www.centerforfoodsafety.org/fact-sheets/1380/whats-in-a-label-natural-another-name-for-conventionally-grown-food Center for Food Safety | Publications & Resources | What's in a Label? Natural: Another Name For Conventionally Grown Food http://www.nativeenergy.com/which-eco-labels-can-you-trust.html Which eco–labels can you trust? Posted by The NativeEnergy Team on Mar 09, 2011 Tags: green tips http://food.change.org/blog/view/8_misleading_food_label_terms_every_eater_should_know 8 Misleading Food Label Terms Every Eater Should Know http://www.foodnavigator-usa.com/Financial-Industry/US-consumers-think-natural-is-greener-than-organic-says-survey US consumers think natural is greener than organic, says survey By Caroline Scott–Thomas, 06-Jul-2009 http://www.organicconsumers.org/articles/article_18542.cfm July 13, 2009 Localwashing With Americans' new focus on buying products made close to home, corporations are moving quickly to co–opt the term “local.” But if everything is local, is anything local? By Stacy Mitchell http://www.sdahq.org/health/safe/human.html Human Safety Labeling (The Soap and Detergent Association) http://www.care2.com/channels/solutions/home/135 How To Read a Label's Signal Words http://www.cleaningpro.com/green.cfm Defining And Understanding “Green” Cleaning Products http://www.ftc.gov/bcp/grnrule/guides980427.htm Part 260 -- Guides For The Use Of Environmental Marketing Claims FTC: Federal Trade Commission http://www.eco-labels.org/home.cfm Consumers Union Guide to Environmental eco–labels http://www.greenproductsalliance.com/pressroom.html Hope and Hype in a Bottle: The Greenwashing of the Natural Care Consumer http://www.care2.com/greenliving/green-pulled-over-your-eyes.html Green Pulled Over Your Eyes?
- Skin Deep® Cosmetics Database: Environmental Working Group http://www.keystone.org/spp/environment/GPR/Project-Page Green Products Roundtable: The Keystone Center http://www.greenproductsalliance.com/ Green Products Alliance: Socially Responsible Businesses http://www.organicconsumers.org/organic/questions051204.cfm 10 Things Your Health Food Store Won't Tell You http://www.smartmoney.com/10things/index.cfm?story=june2004&pgnum=1 10 Things Your Health Food Store Won't Tell You
Environmentally Preferred Purchasing
Alliance for Safe Alternatives is a national partnership working to eliminate persistent toxic chemicals and promote safe, practical and cost effective alternatives. We are working at the state and local level to ensure the health and safety of communities through policies and other local initiatives. The Alliance grew out of the Stop Dioxin Exposure Campaign and the need to expand our efforts beyond eliminating industrial sources of dioxin.�
Environmentally Preferable Purchasing
Product Information: Cleaning Products, Environmentally Preferable
The Commonwealth of Massachusetts
Environmentally Preferable Products Procurement Program
Toxics Use Reduction Networking Grant Program
Massachusetts Toxics Use Reduction Institute, UMASS Lowell
20 ways to cut out chemicals
20 ways to cut out chemicals
Nanotechnology in Personal Care Products: Friends of the Earth (FOE)
Cleaners and Cleaning Products
- Care2.com: We Tested It: Vinegar As A Carpet Cleaner by Chaya, selected from Networx, September 7, 2013 http://www.greenseal.org/standards/industrialcleaners.htm Industrial and Institutional Cleaners (GS–37) http://www.informinc.org/cleanforhealth.php Cleaning for Health: Products and Practices for a Safer Indoor Environment August 2002 http://www.sdahq.org/environment/facts/ Some Facts About Cleaning Product Disposal (The Soap and Detergent Association) http://www.sdahq.org/environment/facts/some_facts2.html Some Facts About Mix –at –Home Cleaners (The Soap and Detergent Association) http://www.sdahq.org/environment/facts/some_facts3.html Some Facts About “Natural” Cleaning Products (The Soap and Detergent Association) http://www.cleaningpro.com/ Green Cleaning http://www.care2.com/channels/solutions/home/210 Clearing Clogged Drains http://www.care2.com/channels/solutions/home/710 Baking Soda: Best Soft Scrubber – How To http://www.care2.com/channels/solutions/home/512 Clean and Green on a Budget http://www.care2.com/channels/solutions/home/164 Vinegar Kills Bacteria, Mold and Germs http://www.care2.com/channels/solutions/home/111 Vinegar of the Four Thieves http://www.care2.com/channels/solutions/home/711 Vinegar As Antiseptic: Floor Wash with Herbs – How To http://www.care2.com/channels/solutions/home/712 Washing Soda: All-Purpose Cleaner – How To http://www.westp2net.org/Janitorial/jp4.htm Janitorial Products Pollution Prevention Project http://www.care2.com/channels/solutions/buildings/161 Healthier School Housekeeping http://www.care2.com/channels/solutions/home/488 Six Cautions about Pesticides and Herbicides http://www.care2.com/channels/solutions/home/424 Is Ammonia Safe for Cleaning? http://www.seventhgeneration.com/page.asp?unitid=538 A Clean Home http://www.care2.com/channels/solutions/home/101 Chlorine in Household Cleaners http://www.epa.gov/opptintr/epp/cleaners/select/ The Cleaning Products Pilot Project (CPPP) http://www.care2.com/channels/solutions/home/14 The Five Basics for Nontoxic Cleaning http://www.care2.com/channels/solutions/home/344 How To Make Your Own Non-Toxic Cleaning Kit http://www.care2.com/channels/solutions/home/127 Nontoxic Oven Cleaner http://www.care2.com/channels/solutions/home/129 How to Clean with Vinegar http://www.care2.com/channels/solutions/home/50 General Purpose Cleaners http://www.care2.com/channels/solutions/home/56 Air Fresheners http://www.care2.com/channels/solutions/home/800 Wonders of Baking Soda for Carpet Odors http://www.care2.com/channels/solutions/home/440 The Wonders of Washing Soda http://www.care2.com/channels/solutions/home/511 Top Ten Eco–Friendly Ways to Clean the House
- Skin and Body Care: Healthy Child: Empowering Parents to Make Informed Choices
- TERRESSENTIALS: USDA Certified Organic and 100% Natural for Face, Body, Hair, Bath & Baby
- TERRESSENTIALS: The Healthy Person's Guide to Personal Care Ingredients
- Campaign for Safe Cosmetics
- Skin Deep® Cosmetics Database: Environmental Working Group
- Care2.com: Beware of These Beauty Ingredients by Mel, selected from Plenty magazine, November 24, 2008
- Care2.com: “Fragrances” to Avoid in All Products by Mel, selected from Natural Solutions magazine, May 19, 2009
- NaturalNews.com: Popular shampoos contain toxic chemicals linked to nerve damage by Mike Adams, January 11, 2005 http://www.greenamerica.org/pubs/greenamerican/articles/MarAprMay2011/Nine-Toxins-to-avoid-in-personal-care-products.cfm Apr/May 2011 9 Toxins to Avoid in Personal Care Products Green America: Mar/Apr/May 2011 -- Nine Toxins to Avoid in Personal Care Products http://www.foe.org/healthy-people/nanotechnology-personal-care-products Nanotechnology in Personal Care Products: Friends of the Earth (FOE) http://www.healthystuff.org/release.031312.jewelry.php Over Half of Low-Cost Jewelry Ranks HIGH for Toxic Chemicals Including Lead, Cadmium, Nickel and Chromium, New Study Says http://www.safecosmetics.org/article.php?id=233 Campaign for Safe Cosmetics: (Do–it–Yourself) DIY Recipes http://www.safecosmetics.org/article.php?id=301 Campaign for Safe Cosmetics: The Complete Makeover Kit http://safecosmetics.org/article.php?id=644 Not So Sexy: The Health Risks of Secret Chemicals in Fragrance by the Campaign for Safe Cosmetics May 12th, 2010 Independent Representative (Associate) of the Organic Natural Enterprise Group Pty. Ltd. Yoffe, Emily. "Chemical Good Looks." U.S. News & World Report, 10 November 1997, 86, 91. http://www.lyndasorganics.com/chemical-good-looks.htm. Independent Representative (Associate) of the Organic Natural Enterprise Group Pty. Ltd. Yoffe, Emily. "Concern over deodorant chemicals." British Broadcasting Corporation News (BBC), 11 January 2004. http://www.lyndasorganics.com/parabens.htm. British Broadcasting Corporation News (BBC). "Concern over deodorant chemicals: Chemicals from underarm deodorants and other cosmetics can build up inside the body, according to a study." 11 January 2004. http://news.bbc.co.uk/2/hi/health/3383393.stm. http://www.naturalnews.com/032134_antibacterial_soap_fish.html New warning: dangerous antibacterial soap chemical found in fish Wednesday, April 20, 2011 by: S. L. Baker, features writer http://pubs.acs.org/doi/abs/10.1021/es1001105 Dioxin Photoproducts of Triclosan and Its Chlorinated Derivatives in Sediment Cores Jeffrey M. Buth†, Peter O. Steen‡, Charles Sueper§, Dylan Blumentritt, Peter J. Vikesland, William A. Arnold*‡ and Kristopher McNeill*† Environ. Sci. Technol., 2010, 44 (12), pp 4545–4551 DOI: 10.1021/es1001105 Publication Date (Web): May 17, 2010
- . Antibacterial Soap: An Imminent Threat to Human Health and the Environment? Groups petition the FDA to ban the use of triclosan, a common antibacterial chemical in hand soap. Dr. Bruce Berkowsky, N.M.D., M.H., NCTMB. http://www.thedailygreen.com/environmental-news/latest/anti-bacterial-soap-triclosan-47071501. www.alkalizeforhealth.net/Ltoxiccosmetics.htm www.naturales.com/021717.html www.treehugger.com/files/2007/how_to_green_women_per... www.noharm.org/us/aboutUs/contactUs www.ourlittleplace.com/chemicals.html www.cosmeticsdatabase.com, www.fpinva.org www.leas.ca (CancerSmart Consumer Guide) www.toxicfreecanada.ca www.LessToxicGuide.ca www.TheNakedTruthProject.org www.preventcancer.com
Towards Good Chemistry (Green Chemistry)
Greening Chemistry: The Ecology Center (EC)
Where Do Chemicals in Our Food Come From?
Chemical Cuisine: Learn about Food Additives: Center for Science in the Public Interest
- Food: Artificial sweeteners and Toxic Substances
- Consumption of soft drinks and high–fructose corn syrup linked to obesity and diabetes http://www.cspinet.org/reports/saccomnt.htm Center for Science in the Public Interest Comments on Saccharin http://www.sciencelab.com/xMSDS-Saccharin-9924849 Material Safety Data Sheet Saccharin MSDS http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Saccharin Saccharin From Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia http://www.jtbaker.com/msds/englishhtml/s0073.htm SACCHARIN SODIUM Material Safety Data Sheet MSDS
- SIRI MSDS Index
- The MSDS/HazCom Library
- Ultra Ivory Liquid (Clear Dishwashing Liquid)
- Ivory Liquid (Clear) Dishwashing Liquid As/Ac
- Professional Line Dawn, 08460
- 08047 Professional Line Dawn
- Liquid Tide
- Liquid Tide, 05718
- Grease Releasing Tide
- 08447 Professional Line Comet Cleanser w/ Chlorinol
- Professional Line Comet Cleaner With Bleach
- Mr. Clean
- Identity: Liquid Cleaner: Brands: Mr. Clean (All Variations) — [Requires PDF Software]
- Identity: Liquid Cleaner: Brands: Mr. Clean Finished Floor Cleaner (Professional Line) — [Requires PDF Software]
- Identity: Liquid Cleaner: Brands: Mr. Clean Top Job All-Purpose Cleaner (Professional Line) — [Requires PDF Software]
- Windex Powerized Formula Rtu
- 126000–3 Blue Windex
- Windex Plastic Cleaner & Polish
- Windex Blue, 738
- Windex Blue
- Vinegar Windex
- 126001–3 Clear Windex
- Windex Outdoor
- Windex Powerized Formula (Ready To Use), 90137
- Windex Glass Cleaner Blue: Retail
- Windex Glass Cleaner Powerized Formula, 139z
- Windex Anti–Fog
- Liquid Alive Bacteria (LAB), 150
- Liquid Live Micro–Organisms (Tomco Chemical)
- 01760 Liquid Bacteria
- Netcare Bacteria/Enzyme
- Xymex 100 Liquid Bacterial Enzyme Complex
- 4402018 Bactec 13 A Mycobacteria Medium
- Technical Report Description: Lysol — [Requires PDF Software]
- Lysol® I.C. Brand Disinfectant Cleaner
- Professional Lysol Brand Hospital Bulk Disinfectant
- Lysol Brand Disinfectant Pine Action Cleaner
- Lysol I.C. Toilet Bowl Disinfectant Cleaner
- Professional Lysol Brand Disinfectant Spray
- Professional Lysol Brand Disinfectant Pine
- Lysol Brand Bathroom Touch–Ups Disinfectant
- Lysol® Brand Disinfectant Deodorizing Cleaner
- Lysol® Brand Disinfectant Spray
- 2001Anti–Bacterial Additive
- ABA–Plus – Part# ABA, Antibacterial Additive
- ABA–Plus Part# ABA, Antibacterial Additive (Supplemental)
- Antibacterial Clean And Smooth
- 9751 Purell Antibacterial Lotion Soap
- Antibacterial Moist Towelettes, 225
- Antibacterial Moisturizing Soap
- Antimicrobial Lotion Soap
- Bacdown Antimicrobial Handsoap, 0262519 http://www.jtbaker.com/msds/englishhtml/a0446.htm Acetone http://hazard.com/msds/mf/cards/file/0087.html Acetone http://hazard.com/msds/mf/ems/files/10000.html Acetone http://www.fishersci.ca/msds2.nsf/EView1/95389/$file/msds-95389.html Acetone, 99+% http://hazard.com/msds/f/bwq/bwqny.html Greased Lightning Built Alkaline Cleaner (Supp Data) http://hazard.com/msds/f/bwh/bwhmt.html Sheila Shine Aerosols http://hazard.com/msds/f/bmp/bmpxc.html Sheila Shine Liquid http://hazard.com/msds/f/clj/cljqz.html Vinegar http://hazard.com/msds/f/bss/bsszf.html Vinegar–Table Strength http://hazard.com/msds/f/bvc/bvcgs.html Distilled White Vinegar http://www.jtbaker.com/msds/englishhtml/a5508.htm Ammonium Acetate (acetic acid) http://www.jtbaker.com/msds/englishhtml/s2954.htm Sodium Bicarbonate (baking soda) http://hazard.com/msds/f/cgp/cgpxh.html Sodium Bicarbonate Baking Soda, Carbonic (Supdat) http://hazard.com/msds/f/bdq/bdqst.html Sodium Bicarbonate, Baking Soda, Sx0325 http://hazard.com/msds/f/cdd/cddpy.html Sodium Bicarbonate/Baking Soda/Sodium Acid Carbonate http://www.jtbaker.com/msds/englishhtml/o8764.htm Diethylene Glycol (glycol ether) http://www.jtbaker.com/msds/englishhtml/m2600.htm 1–Methoxy–2–Propanol (Glycol ether PM) http://www.jtbaker.com/msds/englishhtml/p3984.htm Phosphoric Acid Meta http://www.jtbaker.com/msds/englishhtml/p3973.htm Phosphoric Acid http://hazard.com/msds/mf/cards/file/1008.html Phosphoric Acid http://www.fishersci.ca/msds2.nsf/EView1/18691/$file/msds-18691.html Phosphoric acid, 85% http://www.fishersci.ca/msds2.nsf/EView1/89624/$file/msds-89624.html Phosphonic Acid 33% w/w http://hazard.com/msds/mf/cards/file/0021.html Carbon Dioxide http://hazard.com/msds/f/ckw/ckwrr.html Carbon Dioxide, Gas
- Carbon Dioxide–CO2, Solid
- Carbon Dioxide–CO2, Gaseous http://hazard.com/msds/f/cjv/cjvwj.html Fire Extinguisher, Carbon Dioxide http://www.jtbaker.com/msds/englishhtml/w0600.htm Water http://www.jtbaker.com/msds/englishhtml/b7270.htm Butyl Paraben http://www.jtbaker.com/msds/englishhtml/m5239.htm Methyl p–Hydroxybenzoate (Methylparaben) http://hazard.com/msds/f/cjf/cjfqc.html Methyl Paraben http://hazard.com/msds/f/cjn/cjngg.html Propyl Paraben P4800 http://www.jtbaker.com/msds/englishhtml/l1268.htm Lanolin http://hazard.com/msds/f/bxl/bxlwh.html Lanolin Alcohol http://www.fishersci.ca/msds2.nsf/EView1/47922/$file/msds-47922.html 4–Nonylphenol, 99% (GC), Mixture of Isomers http://hazard.com/msds/f/bqf/bqfrr.html Nonylphenol, 89562 http://hazard.com/msds/tox/tf/q78/q600.html Lysol (Toxicology Reports) http://hazard.com/msds/tox/tf/q94/q904.html Phenol, nonyl– http://hazard.com/msds/tox/tf/q63/q689.html Glycols, polyethylene, mono(nonylphenyl) ether http://hazard.com/msds/tox/tf/q86/q967.html Nonylphenol polyethylene glycol ether http://hazard.com/msds/tox/tf/q94/q906.html Phenol, 4–nonyl–, branched http://hazard.com/msds/tox/tf/q97/q300.html Phosphoric acid http://hazard.com/msds/tox/tf/q56/q818.html Ethanethiol, 2–(9–methoxynonyl)amino–, hydrogen sulfate (ester) http://hazard.com/msds/tox/tf/q77/q810.html Lauryl sulfate, sodium salt, condensed with 3 moles of ethylene oxide http://hazard.com/msds/tox/tf/q63/q691.html Glycols, polyethylene, mono(p–nonylphenyl) ether http://hazard.com/msds/tox/tf/q107/q821.html Poly(oxy–1,2–ethanediyl), alpha–sulfo–omega–(nonylphenoxy)–, ammonium salt http://hazard.com/msds/tox/tf/q107/q822.html Poly(oxy–1,2–ethanediyl), alpha–sulfo–omega–(nonylphenoxy)–, sodium salt http://hazard.com/msds/tox/tf/q57/q686.html Ethanol, 2–methoxy– http://hazard.com/msds/tox/tf/q57/q577.html Ethanol, 2–ethoxy– http://hazard.com/msds/tox/tf/q63/q696.html Glycols, polyethylene, mono((1,1,3,3–tetramethylbutyl)phenyl) ether http://hazard.com/msds/tox/tf/q57/q221.html Ethanol, alkylphenoxypolyethoxy– http://hazard.com/msds/tox/tf/q63/q697.html Glycols, polyethylene, mono(p–(1,1,3,3–tetramethylbutyl)phenyl) ether http://hazard.com/msds/tox/tf/q8/q722.html Ammonia http://hazard.com/msds/tox/tf/q87/q734.html 9–Octadecenoic acid (Z)–, ammonium salt http://hazard.com/msds/tox/tf/q86/q742.html Nitrogen trifluoride http://hazard.com/msds/tox/tf/q9/q242.html Ammonium chloride http://hazard.com/msds/tox/tf/q11/q136.html Ammonium, tetraethyl– http://hazard.com/msds/tox/tf/q34/q651.html Benzylamine, N,N–dimethyl– http://hazard.com/msds/tox/tf/q151/q76.html p–Xylene, alpha–chloro http://hazard.com/msds/tox/tf/q34/q391.html Benzyl alcohol, p–methyl– http://hazard.com/msds/tox/tf/q22/q528.html Benzenemethanol, 4–methyl–, acetate http://hazard.com/msds/tox/tf/q34/q702.html Benzylamine, o–methyl– http://hazard.com/msds/tox/tf/q8/q765.html Ammonium, alkyl(C14–16)dimethylbenzyl–, chlorides http://hazard.com/msds/tox/tf/q8/q764.html Ammonium, alkyldimethylbenzyl–, chloride http://hazard.com/msds/tox/tf/q8/q760.html Ammonium, alkyl(C17–C20)benzyldimethyl–, chloride http://hazard.com/msds/tox/tf/q128/q769.html Quaternary ammonium compounds, benzyl–C12–C16–alkyldimethyl, chlorides
- Biopiracy: The Plunder of Nature and Knowledge
- Vandana Shiva
- Stolen Harvest: The Hijacking of the Global Food Supply
- Vandana Shiva
- Beyond Evolution: The Genetically Altered Future of Plants, Animals, the Earth, and Humans
- Michael W. Fox
- Genetic Engineering Dream or Nightmare?: Turning the Tide on the Brave New World of Bad Science and Big Business
- Mae–Wan Ho
- The Rainbow and the Worm: The Physics of Organisms
- Mae–Wan Ho
- Genetic Engineering, Food, and Our Environment
- Luke Anderson (Introduction)
- Genetically Engineered Food: Changing the Nature of Nature: What You Need to Know to Protect Yourself, Your Family, and Our Planet
- Martin Teitel and Kimberly A. Wilson
- DNA: Pirates Of The Sacred Spiral
- Leonard G. Horowitz, D.M.D., M.A., M.P.H.
- Death in the Air: Globalism, Terrorism & Toxic Warfare
- Leonard G. Horowitz
- Germs: Biological Weapons and America's Secret War
- William Broad, Judith Miller, Stephen Engelberg
- A Higher Form of Killing: The Secret History of Chemical and Biological Warfare
- Robert Harris, Jeremy Paxman
From Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
What Cookware Should I Use?
Organic and other Ecologically Beneficial Forms of Agriculture/Food production
Crop Services International
Material Safety Data Sheets (MSDS)
University of Maryland
Vermont Safety Information Resources Institute (SIRI)
Cornell University, Planning, Design, and Construction (PDC)
Envirocare International Incorporated MSDS Search
Interactive Learning Paradigms, Inc.
Our Stolen Future
In Defense of Food
The Pill Book: The Illustrated Guide to the Most–Prescribed Drugs in the United States
Editor-in-Chief Harold M. Silverman, Pharm. D.
Woman's Day Book of Family Medical Questions
John G. Deaton, M.D. and Elizabeth Jean Pascoe
Medical Editor: Philip R. Alper, M.D.
The Non–Toxic Farming Handbook
Healing for the Age of Enlightenment
Stanley Burroughs, ISBN #0-969262-1-7
The Web of Life: A New Scientific Understanding of Living Systems
Francisco Varela and Antonio Coutinho
Immunoknowledge in J. Brockman (ed.) Doing Science 1991a
Francisco Varela and Antonio Coutinho
Second Generation Immune Networks
Immunology Today vol. 12, no. 5, pp. 159-166, 1991b
Resonant Cell Assemblies
Biological Research 28
Candace Pert, Michael Ruff, Richard Weber, and Miles Herkenham
Neuropeptides and their Receptors: A Psychosomatic Network
The Journal of Immunology, vol. 135 no. 2 pp. 820-826 1985
Healing Ourselves and Our Society
The Chemical Communicators
Healing and the Mind - Bill Moyers
Neuropeptides, AIDS, and the Science of Mind-Body Healing
interview in Alternative Therapies, vol. 1, no. 3, 1995
The Biotech Century: Harnessing the Gene and Remaking the World
Biotechnology and Genetic Engineering
Library in A Book
The Biotech Century: Harnessing the Gene and Remaking the World
Biotechnology and Genetic Engineering
Library in A Book
do a search for other books by her on genetics, etc.
contact Greg at GWAgriculture@yahoo.com for a free email copy of WholisticTM Agriculture Field Broadcaster Handbook
The Winter Harvest Handbook: Year Round Vegetable Production Using Deep Organic Techniques and Unheated Greenhouses
Four–Season Harvest: Organic Vegetables from Your Home Garden All Year Long
Root Cellaring: Natural Cold Storage of Fruits & Vegetables
Small–Scale Grain Raising, Second Edition: An Organic Guide to Growing, Processing, and Using Nutritious Whole Grains, for Home Gardeners and Local Farmers
Lectures On Homoeopathic Philosophy
by James Tyler Kent
Green Chemistry and the Ten Commandments of Sustainability, 2nd ed
by Stanley E. Manahan
In Defense of Food: An Eater's Manifesto (Paperback)
by Michael Pollan
The Dimensions of Paradise: Sacred Geometry, Ancient Science, and the Heavenly Order on Earth
by John Michell
Organic Farming: Everything You Need to Know (Everything You Need To Know)
by Peter V. Fossel
Consumer's Dictionary -- Household
Office -- Chemicals
Ruth Winter, MS
Solar Living Book Building Green
Practical Science for Gardeners
The Sun in Me: Poems About the Planet
Hands on Nature: Information and Activities
Teaching Green (3 books)
Greening School Grounds
African American Environmental Thought Foundations
Kimberly K. Smith
Seeds of Destruction: The Hidden Agenda of Genetic Manipulation
by F. William Engdahl
Corrupt to the Core: Memoirs of a Health Canada Whistleblower
Dr. Shiv Chopra
Calabrese, Edward J. Multiple Chemical Interactions. Chelsea, Michigan: Lewis Publishers, Inc., 1991.
Thurnell–Read, Jane. Geopathic Stress: How Earth Energies Affect Our Lives. Element Books Limited, 1996.
The Safe Shopper's Bible: A Consumer's Guide to Nontoxic Household Products
David Steinman (Author), Samuel S. Epstein (Author)
Adapted from Raising Healthy Children in a Toxic World
Philip J. Landrigan, M.D., Herbert L. Needleman, M.D., and Mary Landrigan, M.P.A.
Healthier Cleaning & Maintenance: Practices and Products for Schools
Healthy Schools Network, Inc
Better Basics for the Home: Simple Solutions for Less Toxic Living
Clean and Green: The Complete Guide to Non–Toxic and Environmentally Safe Housekeeping
Lead Wars: The Politics of Science and the Fate of America’s Children
David Rosner and Gerald Markowitz
Deceit and Denial: The Deadly Politics of Industrial Pollution
David Rosner and Gerald Markowitz
Pandora's Poison: Chlorine, Health, and a New Environmental Strategy
The Toxic Sandbox: The Truth About Environmental Toxins and Our Children's Health
Kim Erickson. Drop–Dead Gorgeous: Protecting Yourself from the Hidden Dangers of Cosmetics. New York: Contemporary Books (The McGraw–Hill Company), 2002.
Christine Hoza Farlow. Dying to Look Good: The Disturbing Truth About What's Really in Your Cosmetics, Toiletries and Personal Care Products. Kiss for Health Publishing, 2001.
Kallet, Arthur, and F.J. Schlink. 100,000,000 Guinea Pigs: Dangers in Everyday Foods, Drugs, and Cosmetics. New York: The Vanguard Press, 1932.
Cosmetics Unmasked: Your Family Guide to Safe Cosmetics and Allergy-Free Toiletries, Dr. Stephen & Gina Antczak, ISBN 0-00-710568-1
Health Risks in Today's Cosmetics: The Handbook for a Lifetime of Healthy Skin and Hair, Nikolaus J. Smeh, ISBN 13-9780963775505 or 096-377-5502
Beauty to Die For: The Cosmetic Consequence, Judy Vance, ISBN 1-57901-035-0
Drop-Dead Gorgeous: Protecting Yourself from the Hidden Dangers of Cosmetics, Kim Erickson, ISBN 0-658-01793-4
Dying to Look Good, Christine Farlow, DC, ISBN 0-9635635-3-X
The Safe Shopper's Bible: A Consumer's Guide to Nontoxic Household Products, Cosmetics, and Food, David Steinman, Dr. S. Epstein, ISBN 0-02-082085-2
Our Toxic World: A Wake Up Call, Doris J. Rapp, M.D., ISBN 1-880509-08-3
100,000,000 GUINEA PIGS. Dangers in Everyday Foods, Drugs, and Cosmetics., Arthur Kallet, F.J. Schlink, ISBN 040-5080255, first published Jan. 12, 1933
Not Just a Pretty Face: The Ugly Side of the Beauty Industry, Stacy Malkan, ISBN 978-0-86571-574-5
Toxic Beauty: How Cosmetics and Personal-Care Products Endanger Your Health... and What You Can Do About It, Samuel Epstein, M.D., Randall Fitzgerald, ISBN 9788-19337-1625 (newest book)
Shannon, Sara. Technology's Curse: Diet for the Atomic Age. Earthpulse Press, 1993.
Polk, Charles, and Elliot Postow, ed. CRC Handbook of Biological Effects of Electromagnetic Fields. Boca Raton, Florida: CRC Press LLC, 1996.
Ayrapetyan, Sinerik, and David O. Carpenter, ed. Biological Effects of Electric and Magnetic Fields: Sources and Mechanisms. San Diego, California: Academic Press, Inc., 1994.
Burke, J. F., E. G. Cravalho, and R. C. Lee, ed. Electrical Trauma: The Pathophysiology, Manifestations and Clinical Management. New York: Cambridge University Press, 1992.
Hitchcock, R. Timothy, and Robert M. Patterson. Radio-Frequency and ELF Electromagnetic Energies: A Handbook for Health Professionals. New York: John Wiley & Sons, Inc., 1995.
Levitt, B. Blake. Electromagnetic Fields: A Consumer's Guide to the Issues and How to Protect Ourselves. Orlando: Harvest/HBJ Book (Harcourt Brace & Company), 1995.
Carlo, Dr. George, and Martin Schram. Cell Phones: Invisible Hazards in the Wireless Age: An Insider's Alarming Discoveries About Cancer and Genetic Damage. New York: Carroll & Graf Publishers, 2001.